Friday, August 6, 2010

Welcome to Unity's "Friends with Flair" Blog Hop!


***This is my second post for today-please scroll down for this week's Get sketchy card!***
So excited to be participating in my first FWF Blog Hop! I used some of my new {ippity} stamps to make this pretty little card, along with some fun papers from SEI's Play Day collection. The flower is paper-pieced using my favorite flower from the "Now & Always" stamp set. The sentiment is also paper-pieced using the "Just Wanted to Say" set.

Not only do I love the flower on this card, but I also loved making this super-easy layered border. What a great way to show off your border punches! I simply punched three different border strips, inked the edges, then layered them. I used ivory cardstock, but I can't wait to try this using different patterned papers for a fun, whimsical look.

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. Don't miss any of the beautiful cards featured on the Hop today-just click on the link below to return to the list of participating bloggers on the Unity blog! One has a special blinkie-and if you leave her a comment you just may win some fun Unity stamps!




22 comments:

Laurel said...

Love this, love that flower!

Angie Blom said...

this is stunning Sherri, I love the clean lines of this.. even you distressing has a clean look to it.. Fabulous card.

Tenia Nelson said...

Lovin' this card Miss Sherri!!

Jennine Chambers said...

What a great card!

Marcy H. said...

Stunning Card!!

Anita said...

The sponging on the layers looks fabulous! Fantastic card all around! :)

Michelle P. said...

Great card - thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your first FWF blog hop...Love your card :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Super cute card!
Love this one! :)

Sweetieshop said...

Superb card!

Erika M. said...

Your card is lovely!

Linda said...

Wow I love this card great paper so pretty!

Carisa said...

wow this is beautiful!!! i love all the different punches used.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE it! I just love the distressed edges you have on the scallops! Beautifully done:) TFS!!

farmhouse-story said...

oh, this is just darling, sherri!

Tracy said...

What a cute card - love that striped paper!

scrappyteacher said...

Love this one....the layers of the flowers and of the trims are just perfect!!

Elizabeth C. said...

The paper/flower combo are perfect! What a great card!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Love the solid colors for the flower

FibreJunky said...

Totally love that flower! You have rocked your first FWF!

Lori said...

Pretty! Love the layered border punched strips--great look!

Suzi said...

I love this card, those layers are beyond fabulous!!