Friday, August 6, 2010

Little Scarecrow


Just a quick share tonight-a last minute entry for the Card Patterns #75 Sketch Challenge. For this card, I used DeNami's Scarecrow from the new releases. Isn't he just too cute?

I am also entering this in the Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #14. The challenge there has two parts: 1) use a color you don't normally use, and 2) use a technique that you haven't used for a while. The color that I chose to use was yellow-I never use yellow! It was only after choosing the yellow cardstock that I decided what the theme of my card would be. The technique that I haven't used for a while was to use the negative part of a punch. I actually used the negative of the pumpkin punch to dry emboss the orange border. I then shaded the pumpkins with orange and brown colored pencils to make them show up a bit more.

Another technique that I tried on this card was to make a watermark background using Versamark ink and DeNami's new Polka Dot Background. Because the cardstock was slightly coated, it didn't absorb the ink much. I wanted to see the polka dots a little more, so I shaded each polka dot slightly with a colored pencil. Not too carefully-I wanted it to look a little distressed.
And last but not least, it fits in with the color scheme for Color Throwdown #104. although my cardstocks were from Momenta, they are similar to the Color Throwdown colors of Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive.

Thanks for stopping by again today-three posts in one day is a record for me! I just have so many projects accumulating and I need to share them, lol!

5 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet! Love the embossed pumpkins! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

What a cute little guy! And a great fall card! Thanks for playing with us at the Color Throwdown!

dpkennedy said...

Oh my, that's cute! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Love the embossed pumpkins :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Adorable card! Love it! :)