Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Wee Memories Challenge!


Welcome to the weekend! Wee Memories has a fun challenge for you this week: butterflies! For my card, I decided to use butterfly and flourish stamps from {ippity}'s Now & Always stamp set. I lkove this set-I have been playing with the different images all week long! I combined these stamps with some bright, fun prints from SEI and Lily Bee.

For the design of my card, I wanted to do something different. I have been making so many cards lately that I am getting a little bit bored with the A2 size cards. So to switch things up a bit I made a matchbook card. Plus, I was able to make a dent in the supply of eyelets that I have had for years! :) These from the Making Memories Watercolor Brights collection matched the green dotted paper from Lily Bee perfectly!

One of my favorite details on the card is the layered butterfly. I simply stamped the butterfly on three different papers, cut them out, and layered them, adhering only the centers together. Then I bent the wings of each layer up so you could see just of hint of each paper.

Will you join us this week for the Butterfly Challenge? We have a wonderful sponsor this week: The Gilded Bee! You can see her Etsy shop HERE. Check out the details of the challenge and the design teams' gorgeous cards HERE.

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful card!

Dawn T said...

Adorable Sherri... I LOVE butterflies so love seeing them on cards. Yours are awesome.

SmilynStef said...

Love those vibrant colors.

jintyoo7 said...

beautiful, love the colours!

Ayana Posadas said...

So pretty! I love your paper flower and the 3D butterfly! Such an adorable card! :)

Ann said...

I love the mix of colors and patterns on your card!

Michele Gross said...

Sherri, this is gorgeous! The colors are wonderful and wow what a pretty card :)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Sherri! I love the layered butterfly and that cute paper flower!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So very pretty! Love it! :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

so beautiful I love your Ippity creations!!!!