Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wee Memories Challenge #18


Happy Saturday, everyone! I'm so glad it's the weekend. I have a busy day today because I am exhibiting at a craft fair in Augusta. Wish me luck-it's my first with my cards and my {ippity} stamps. Hoping to sell a few cards, a few stamp sets and make lots of new contacts!

I also get to share the newest challenge with you from Wee Memories. This week's challenge is to use BUTTONS, BRADS, AND BLING! (You can choose one or more of these.) We have a fabulous prize for you this week: a package of 10 Cuttlebug goodies! Our generous sponsor this week is Oh My Crafts! You can click on their logo below to see all of their yummy scrapping goodies.


For my card, I used Lawn Fawn's "Bake Me a Cake" stamp set and lots of patterned papers from Momenta. I was inspired to make this funky cake after seeing Ayana Posadas' Whimsical Cake card a few weeks ago. I added some bling (Stickles) to the candles and blingy brads (glitter brads from Imaginisce.) Is any card really complete without a little bling? :)

We'd love to have you join us this week over at the Wee Memories Challenge. You have until Friday at 11:59 PM PST to post your card. Can't wait to see what you create!

9 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

What a cute and colorful cake. Love it!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Sherri, this card is so fun looking. I love the colors you used & the overall deisgn. xx

Laurel said...

Wow this is so cute!

Anita Rex said...

So cute Sherri! I love that cake, and all those party hats!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Love the colours and all those party hats! So fun!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

love ,love the colored layers on this cake so cute!!!!

Michelle said...

I love the colorful cake card. The one with the apples on it is cute to but my fav is the cake!!!

Michele Gross said...

Just now making it around to comment-sorry! Its been quite the week!! :( Your card is delightful! Love the happy colors and the party hat background is adorable :)

Andrea C said...

excellent card love the image and the colours you have used x