Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Trying to make a dent...


in my stash of buttons. I have been using buttons on every project lately, it seems. I have been collecting buttons for years, and like all of my crafting supplies, I accumulate them much faster than I use them. It's also great for the scrapping budget, since buttons are pretty inexpensive. Save even more by buying them in bulk in the sewing section instead of those pre-packaged for scrapbooking. My favorites are the color-coordinated multi packs. You can get a bag of 100+ buttons for less than $2.00 at Walmart.
One way to use several on one project is to make a border with them. On this mini card (4" square), my border covers the seam between my two patterned papers. To mix it up a little, I used a couple of different threading "techniques." Nothing hard, just something to add visual interest.
Bazzill cardstock, American Crafts striped paper, Bo Bunny Double Dot cardstock, Hero Arts stamps.
I "scraplifted" this card idea from Lucy Abrams in the Hero Arts Flickr group. There are some absolutely beautiful cards there. Anyone can post projects to this group, you just have to use at least one Hero Arts stamp on your project. Go check it out for some great cardmaking and scrapbooking ideas! If you'd like to see the cards that I have over there, click HERE.
For some other great button cards, visit last week's round of Gallery Idol on the Papercrafts site. Lots of different ideas there, too. I just love the button-embellished trees, especially this one from Shanna Vineyard. She actually created her tree with buttons-so clever and cute.
Hope I inspired you today to raid your button stash to create a new project. Thanks for looking!

No comments: