Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A button layout to share...


I was just browsing around in my Flickr photostream and came across this layout that I did a couple of years ago. It just made me smile-for those of you who have been reading my blog, that is my daughter on the left. You know, the one who just went to the prom?! Wow, how time flies. That is my son on the right-he's going to be starting middle school in the fall. Doesn't he look stylin' in those Blue's Clues sneakers?

Anyway, before I get all teary, here is an idea for using button borders on your layouts as well as your cards. As you can see, this variation doesn't require a ton of buttons. You can add doodling in between (the bee's trail in this case.) Also, mix it up a bit by using mostly one color buttons, but include 3 of a contrasting color. Remember your "rule of three's"? The three white buttons help the layout feel balanced.
I also used some tiny buttons to dress up the frog's spots (frog and bees cut from Basic Grey's Color Me Silly paper.)

Thanks for looking!

No comments: