Thursday, July 9, 2009

Have I mentioned that I love owls?


It's my latest obsession-owl anything. I even ordered checks that have owls on them. They are just the cutest things-makes bill paying more fun, ya know?

Here's my latest project-owl and all. This actually satisfies a couple of challenges and submissions in addition to being just plain cute. First, it is my take on the Be Inpsired #39 challenge over at Cuttlebug Challenge. Yes, it is a real twig-and yes, I might be crazy-but it went so well with the theme.

It is also part of my submission for the design team over at My Sketch World. My first time trying out for a design team-keep your fingers crossed for me. I really love sketches, so this would be perfect for me.

Finally, I decided to submit it to Papercrafts magazine. I loved it that much! And three's a charm, right? Somedays you just come up with something that you just can't stop looking at. This is one of those. I'll keep you posted...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

and quite rightly so Sherri..
Your card is `gorgeous` I love the twig..and the owl and the corrogated pink bacground!!!
It`s a beautiful card for sure.
`Thankyou` so much for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenges:)
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
and
`Thankyou` for your sweet comments;)x
Have a lovely weekendxxx
oh
`Good Luck` on the DT!!!Yahahah.

Michelle said...

sherrie..this card is fantastic! good luck on submitting it for publication! and
Thanks for playing along this week at the cuttlebug challenge blog!
michelle.
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Cassie said...

oh gosh - terrific card!! love the way you stitched the tree one!!
thanks for playing at CBC

Rosemary said...

Your twig is perfect as a tree!!..Great looking card and wishing you the best to get your card published!! Thank you for taking the challenge at Cuttlebug Challenge!!

Ingrid said...

Beautiful card, Sherri. Thanks for playing along with us at CBC. Good luck on the DT and submission.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Absolutly gorgeous, Sherri!

Thanks for playing along with us!

Hanneke,
DT member @ Cuttlebug Challenge Blog

Nancy Sanders said...

clever and cute! way to go

Shantaie said...

Super cute card for sure! I wish you good luck with the DT and your submission, as always happy stamping and thanks for playing along at cuttlebug challenge blog!

Unknown said...

EEkkk!!
Sherri, this is so stinkin' cute!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
What a fabulous idea to sew over the twig...to cute!!
Thanks for playing along with us this week at Cuttlebug Challenge!!
**Jackie**
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Kim Sonksen said...

Your card is fabulous!

suzARTe said...

WOW!!!!this is amazing. So glad I came across your blog

Maggie Lamarre said...

Sherri,
this is beyond cute :)
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com