Friday, August 22, 2014

Hello Tag Card



I have one more card to share with you today. This one is also made from my August Counterfeit Kit (with the exception of the "hello" stamp.)

I was inspired by the colors and the "hello" sentiment over on the Tag, You're It challenge blog:


I really liked this color combo: white, green, light coral and medium coral. I added black, too, and used the medium coral as my dominant color. I played with my new Stampin' Up inks for the first time, which was fun!  I used Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, and Wild Wasabi on this card.  I used these three colors to create the triangle background on my tag.  The triangles are actually sun rays from Paper Smooches' "Sunny Side Up" stamp set. 

The cloud and kite stamps are also from Paper Smooches, so I am entering this is this week's "Anything Goes" challenge over on the Paper Smooches Sparks blog. See The hello sentiment is from Lawn Fawn. I thought I had a great selection of Paper Smooches stamps, but in my 9 sets, I didn't have a single "hello" stamp. I'll have to remedy that. ;)

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm off to school now to finish getting my classroom ready. Can't believe school starts in just 5 days!  Exciting and a bit overwhelming when I look at my "to do" list! :)

11 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Very fun and cute!

Tina Campbell said...


Wow fun card love the kite element on it too

MiliPea Designs said...

What a lovely card, Sherri! I love the idea of tags on cards. Such a great way to try a new technique without committing to a full on scrapbook page!

Tenia Nelson said...

Too cute!!!

Margie said...

What a sweet card!

Lynn said...

I love the color combo too and the adorable tag. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

Susanne said...

Another study in using tags on cards - perfection!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sherri this is such a sweet tag, Ii love the kite! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tag You're It!

Maureen Merritt said...

Love the kite & cloud and bits of patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun tag card! Love the different patterns you chose!

Angela Toucan said...

really, really liking this card, so gorgeous!