Sunday, August 24, 2014

Gold and Floral Mom Card

                         

Yesterday, I saw the latest Fusion Card challenge, which is a fun challenge that offers both an inspiration photo and a sketch. You may choose to use the photo, the sketch, or both. I tried to use both, along with my August Counterfeit Kit. It just wasn't happening, and I got frustrated. I looked at the inspiration photo again with fresh eyes this morning, and came up with this gold and floral beauty for my mom.  Much more my style than the flat disaster I came up with yesterday! LOL

Everything was from my August kit except for that gorgeous taffeta flower, which was handmade by my sweet friend Bethany from the CKCB.  I really wanted a focal point flower for this card and my kit had none.  When I saw this lovely gold one in my stash, I knew it would be perfect. I added some gold paint splatters to tie everything together. Quite happy with the results!  This is my 5th card from this month's kit.  I've only done one layout, however, and have so much left in my kit.  Off to the coast today, so I will have some new summer photos to scrap soon!

Here is the inspiration photo and sketch from the current Fusion Challenge:

          

Thanks for popping by today!  Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Love how you used your new goodies from your kit. Gorgeous card. So glad you could play along with us at Fusion!

Susanne said...

That flower cluster is gorgeous. Really pretty card.

~amy~ said...

Super pretty Sherri!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful! I love the gold flower!

Kelly Griglione said...

What a great assortment of elements and textures! Lots to look at here. Thanks for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card :)

Stephanie said...

this is so pretty!!