Thursday, August 21, 2014

CKCB August Challenge #2

                       


Our second challenge this month over on the CKCB is a sketch challenge.  We worked with this adorable sketch from Roree Rumph for October Afternoon:

                                  

I decided to make a card, and I stayed pretty true to the sketch. The three panels across the front reminded me of tags, so I chose three printed tags from the Maggie Holmes journaling card paper in my kit. To mix things up a little, I punched my heart accent out of the tag panel rather than attach a separate heart embellie.  I then popped the tag panel up with pop dots and tied some Lawn Fawn yarn around the whole panel.  

I omitted two of the three "strips" on the bottom of the sketch, and instead used a strip of "hello" patterned paper as my sentiment. I made the chevron accents by trimming a 1/2" strip of paper (another journaling card from Maggie Holmes) and used just the pointy part of my heart punch. Super easy!  I also use this technique for trimming the ends of banners. You could also use a triangle or square punch. 

Thanks for popping by today!  We'd love to see your take on this sketch, either as a card or a layout!  Don't forget to link your project to the August Mr. Linky on the CKCB. :)


6 comments:

Lisa said...

how cute is this card? love how you've interpreted the sketch and the little heart cut out is just perfect

Jimjams said...

Love this so much that I've pinned it!

Unknown said...

Very cute Sherri I love the cut out in the tags!

Tina Campbell said...

Fabulous card love your take on the sketch :)

Margie said...

You make such sweet cards! I love this!

Susanne said...

Totally adorable - love that punched heart.