Friday, August 22, 2014

Cheer ^Up^

                               


I love the Paper Smooches "Anything  Goes" challenges!  They give me a reason to look through all of the fun inspiration on my Pinterest boards. :)

I loved the cute clouds on this card by Elena: http://justmeprints.blogspot.com/2014/03/bling-it.html.

Elena used ink and glitter on die-cut clouds, but I wanted to use up some paper bits from my August  Counterfeit Kit. I started with a small piece of white scrap cardstock.  I then cut random widths of triangles from patterned paper, gluing them in a sunburst design to my scrap of white cardstock with a glue stick.  Next, I stamped a Paper Smooches cloud on my new starburst paper and cut it out. A similar look that I'm very happy with!

I added this cute cloud to a pink Maggie Holmes tag die-cut, stamped a sentiment, and added some smaller clouds stamped on wood grain paper. A sentiment, punched border threaded with twine, and tag loop at the top made for a clean and simple card with a fun twist. 

I'm linking this up to both the Paper Smooches "Anything Goes" Challenge and the August Mr. Linky on the CKCB. Thanks for popping by today!


4 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super sweet card :)

Lisa said...

this is such a sweet card! I'm not sure I'd have the patience for it myself but the result is adorable!

Margie said...

Love the woodgrain clouds-I'll be looking at my stamps in a new light!

Susanne said...

So cute - love how the pink plays with those other colors.