Monday, August 4, 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge: One Layer Card


I think that when Bethany assigned this challenge to me, she *may* have cackled an evil laugh and rubbed her hands together. LOL. JUST KIDDING-she is very sweet but LOVES to dish out the challenges. ;)

I love dimensional embellies. The more, the better, in most cases! So a one layer card was a HUGE challenge for me!  I knew that my usual buttons, twine, brads, and many layers of patterned paper were out of the question, so I started thinking about the other ways I like to embellish my cards.

I started with a double-sided patterned paper as my card base.  I used the "selvage" edge of the paper for a ready made border, and embellished that with some stamped hearts. I also die-cut a circle from the card front, allowing the other pattern to show through. This provided the perfect frame for my phone stamp.  I scored around the edges of the card, which also helped to ground the sentiment and trio of stamped hearts.  Finally, a smattering of Stickles added a touch of bling without the bulk.

Thanks so much for popping by today!  Please be sure to check out the other DT members' one layer cards and leave them some love!  Don't forget-we want to see your take on this challenge. Don't forget to link your creations to the August Mr. Linky over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog!

7 comments:

Jimjams said...

BRILLIANT - not only have you created dimension by making it peek-a-boo card, but the use of the manufacturer's strip selvedge allows you to add a border without an extra layer - clever, clever lady!

cinmfoster said...

Lovely card. Great use of scoring and sticklers to add dimension.
Cindy F.

Susanne said...

I agree - brilliant, and let me add - stylish, as well.

Miss Jane said...

love love LOVE this card. Using the selvedge edge was a stroke of genius!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Simply perfection :~)

Laura said...

Great card very cleverly thought through. I've wimped out on this challenge with the excuse 'but I don't make cards' :)

Lisa said...

how very clever! the use of the manufacturer strip, the peekaboo front, the stickles... just an all round great card!