Monday, July 14, 2014

You're Cool

Card sketches have been my go-to tool as I try to get back into this whole "creativity" thing. Have you ever thought of sketches as a tool?  They really are. They work as a template, and are a great way to jump-start your creations when blank cardstock seems overwhelming.  

I started with this cute sketch from Cardabilities:


Since the challenge had already passed, I didn't worry about adhering to the sketch.  I just needed a starting place, and for me, that starting place included the layered, square card base and banner shape across the center of the card.  I replaced the leaf diecuts with a tag, used a brad instead of a button, and upcycled a red plastic tag barb to attach my sentiment.  

All supplies for this card (except the barb, which was lying on the counter lol) were from my July Counterfeit Kit, Fresh Start.  

Thanks for popping by today!  Hope to see you playing along with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, too. It's never too late-jump in when you can!



6 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card :) Yes I agree that sketches are a tool I use them all the time for layouts it streamlines the time to make the layout and I can still get my own creativity in there. I look at a sketch like a road map, if you didn't have and got lost trying to find you way then that is lost time too. The road map should get you there with out getting lost and on time :)

cinmfoster said...

Cute card,love how you used the tag on the card.
Cindy F

Jimjams said...

Super card - great use of the sketch as a starting point

Susanne said...

Love the color combo on this card - it's just right for those elements.

sassyscrapper said...

Great color combo! Love the color combo!

sassyscrapper said...

Love that color combo. The black is so striking against the tan.