Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Retro Sketches Challenge

I love sketches, especially when I'm either in a "rut" and need inspiration, or (like today) I'm not feeling super-confident in my cardmaking abilities. LOL

Retro Sketches never fails to have fun, creative sketches posted, along with some fabulous inspiration cards. Although I don't play along with this challenge as often as I should, I have many of the sketches pinned and use them regularly.

This weeks sketch has fun hexagons that I just couldn't resist:

I wanted to use my July Counterfeit Kit, but I didn't have any hexagon embellies or even a hexagon punch. So, I trimmed a hexagon from a different patterned paper to use as my template, traced it into some pretty papers from my kit, and hand-cut the hexes for my card. I adhered the speech bubble print with foam squares to make it pop just a bit. 



So, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. With nothing on my schedule for the day, I plan on busting out the ink pads and playing with my stamps for the first time in...well, too long. :)

9 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is lovely!! I like the fun papers you used on this and how you placed the sentiment amongst the hexagons. Such a great card!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is simply too cute! Great take on the Retro Sketch!

Carol said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch, Sherri :-)
Carol
xx
cardsbycarol.wordpress.com

Susanne said...

I like how you simplified it just enough, while still retaining the pizzazz. Very nice!

Erin said...

What a great, great card! I love your rows of hexagons!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Retro Sketches!

Angela Toucan said...

gorgeous card

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card and I just love the name of your blog :)

cinmfoster said...

Love the hexagons, such a gr eat card.
Cindy F

Lesley G said...

I love it, simple but so effective :)