Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Counterfeit Kit for July

Can you believe it-an actual blog post after 11 months!  Life has been super crazy.  Lots of changes.  Some good, some not-so-good...but all of those changes have led to one of my very favorite things in the whole world: a fresh start. :)

That's what I've decided to call my Counterfeit Kit for July: Fresh Start. I feel like my style has changed so much in just the past year, so I can't wait to see what will come out of this kit!  New cards, of course, but also layouts!  Yes, I have been taking actual photos that I can't wait to scrap!  Who knew I would ever feel that MY life was worth documenting?  Yep. It's a fresh start. 

The kit we are counterfeiting this month is the Balboa kit from Noel Mignon.   Here is the inspiration kit in all it's loveliness:

Balboa Kit

I just adore the colors and fun elements of this kit. I followed it very closely when I created my own kit, starting with my patterned papers because I had some of the exact ones from the inspiration kit.  I haven't included any cardstock in my kit, as I have recently moved and all of my "colors" are still packed away somewhere. LOL. But I do have my basic kraft and white cardstock handy in my drawer to pull as needed.  Here's my Fresh Start kit:







I'm still looking for my tiny alphas, brads, and veneer frames. I know they're packed in a box here somewhere! LOL. When I come across them, I will add those to my kit, too.

Thanks for looking at my take on this month's kit. I've already made 2 cards using it. I'll be back later to share those. Happy Tuesday! :)









7 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super Cute kit and welcome back to blogger world :)

cinmfoster said...

Such a sweet kit, love the photo frames and what an great stamp set. Looking forward to your projects.
Cindy F

Jimjams said...

Hope you manage to find your extra bits 'n' bobs - post-moving chaos is a nightmare!
Glad to have you back in the counterfeiting crew Sherri - looking forward to seeing just how your style has changed!

Chidkid said...

I love that kit.. I shall look forward to seeing you more regularly now you're back on track

Susanne said...

It seems appropriate that you will be adding more to your Fresh Start later - it's another waiting opportunity to look forward to. You are off to a great start with this kit. So glad you are back among the blogging!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a cute kit! Welcome back to blogging! I'm back fairly recently myself, and trying to get into the swing of things.

Lisa said...

Welcome back! great to see you here with such a great kit. I know how difficult it is when stuff is packed away... I'm planning for another move just two years after the last so I'll be packing extra carefully! Lovely kit and happy to see that you'll be hanging out with us again :-)