Thursday, May 20, 2010

DeNami Sketch Challenge #2


I love to work with sketches for both cards and layouts-sometimes it's just the springboard that I need to jump-start my creativity. Sometimes I see a sketch and immediately know which products that I'm going to use with it. That's what happened when I saw this month's sketch for the DeNami Design Sketch Challenge. I just love these little Safari Animals and knew that the three of them would be perfect with this sketch.
I started with a kraft card base, then added a fun banner cut from American Crafts patterned paper. I popped this up using foam squares. Then, I stamped, colored, and flocked the Safari Animals, matting them with lime, navy, and orange cardstock. I also attached these with foam squares. Finally, I stamped my sentiment across the bottom using the All Occasions stamp set.
I hope you can all play along with this week's Sketch Challenge! As always, there are some fun DeNami products to be won! Please check out the DeNami blog for details and to see all of the fun cards created by the other DT members.
Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card! The safari animals are colored/flocked perfectly. You are right, the sketch was perfect for these guys.

Michele Gross said...

cute cute cute!!! What a fun birthday card for a party animal!! ;)

Laurie Chilton said...

Oh this is so adorable Sherri!! I just love those Safari Animals and they work perfectly for this sketch. Wonderful job! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Adorable! Love it! :)

Gina M. said...

Very cute!

Dawn T said...

Super cute Sherri. Love the banner.

Beka said...

Sherri, this card is just spot-on! The Safari Animals make me smile every time I see them, and you showcased them in such a fun way. The flag border at the top is GENIUS (totally stealing that idea now!).

Ayana Posadas said...

Veryyy cute card, Sherri!
I always love the way bright colors look on kraft! You did a fantastic job with the sketch!