Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Sweet Friend" Bake Shoppe


I recently came across a new blog: Denami Designs. They are having a sketch challenge this week, and this is my entry. I struggled with the colors of the card. First, I only used black, white, and hot pink. It needed something more, so I added the yellow cupcake wrappers. It STILL needed a little "oomph", so I changed the button (I had added a yellow button when I added the yellow wrappers) and added some aqua photo corners that I cut from cardstock. My original image and mat were rounded at the top, and it reminded me of a window, so I added the awning and turned my card into a bakery. I was so happy with the results!

9 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Ohmygosh! This is just darling! I love that cupcake stamp and you did an amazing job with bringing it to life! Super duper cute :)

Paulina said...

Oh my goodness, this card is utterly adorable! Love the awning and the aqua photo corners! Also really love that scallop border with the hearts! Such a cute card, Sherri!

Thanks for playing along with the DeNami sketch!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card!
I love the background and the dimension, and very cute colors! :)

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute! The awning was a brilliant addition!

Gail S. said...

What a great card~~the color combination is the "icing on the cake".

Beka said...

Super cute! Love the cupcakes!

Michele Gross said...

Congratulations!!! You soooo deserve it~ this is an awesome creation :)

Jenny said...

This is super cute!! Love the awning!!! You deserve the win!! Thanks for joining us at the DeNami Sketch Challenge!!
Jenny- DeNami DT

Laurie Chilton said...

What a clever idea! Congratulations on a well deserved win. :)