Sunday, March 14, 2010

Easter card for Jellybean...



Maybe I'm dating myself, but have you ever said, "Know what I mean, Jellybean?" Well, I said this to my daughter a while ago and she looked at me like I had three heads. Her reply: "Um, not really, Lollipop." So our nicknames for eachother came to be-she is Jellybean and I am Lollipop. People probably look at the two of us like we each have three heads whenever we say these nicknames.
So that's the story behind this Easter card. I wanted to do something cute with the bunny, so I stamped him twice, cut him out and sandwiched a piece of white floss in between the two images. The other end of the floss is adhered behind the eggs and grass, so he can "hop" across the card (with a little help from Jellybean, of course.) The sentiment is personalized with her nickname-I just cut the "s" off the word "jellybeans". I'm not in the habit of cutting up my expensive stamps, but I don't mind cutting up my Studio G's. For a buck a set, if I really want the original sentiment, I will buy two packages. You could also use markers and just ink the part of the image that you want to stamp. I usually use a full-size black inkpad, though, so cutting the stamp was easier for me. (Yes, I am a WEE bit lazy.)

The bunny and the eggs-and-grass stamps are also from Studio G. To make the border, I simply masked the eggs-and-grass stamp and used it along the width of my paper. The sentiment and cloud are both by Hero Arts.

Don't forget the giveaway from my last post! Just leave a comment and become a follower of the blog-I am giving away a copy of the March/April issue of Papercrafts (which also includes a Tips & Tricks CD) to a random reader. Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Kelly L said...

"I know what you mean, Jellybean!" LOL . . . I think I am dating myself as well, but that was too funny! :) At least they are cute nicknames, just like your adorable Easter card!