Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Easter card


I got an amazing deal on the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday collection and I have been dying to make some cards with the new papers. They are perfect for spring! Here is an easter card that I made, combining the new papers with a little chickie image from Imaginisce. The sentiment is by Hero Arts. The image is paper-pieced, and I fussy-cut some butterflies from the paper to add here and there. My favorite part of this card, however, are the buttons. I raided my stash of buttons and used them behind the chick image. Because only half of the buttons are showing, they look like a 3D scalloped border. It was just the bit of "oomph" that the card needed.
Only 3 more days until the new Design Teams cards are featured at Get Sketchy! Be sure to check them out, along with the new sketch challenge, this Friday.

No comments: