Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Safari Animals



When I received this set of stamps in the mail from DeNami Design, I was a happy girl! As you can tell from many of my cards, I LOVE critter stamps, and these little guys are no exception. I have had so much fun using them on different cards. I showed this set used on a card for one of the Get Sketchy challenges (see it HERE).


For this card, however, I wanted to create a safari scene. As I was moving elements around, I realized that this would make a fun interactive card. I created two pockets on the front of my card using green cardstock for grass. The, I made three tiny cards and stamped the safari animals on those. The animals are also covered with fuzzy flocking. I finished each of the mini cards with a little strip of "grass" and tucked them into the grass pockets on the card front. I also created a sun using triangles cut from patterned paper and an oversized button from DeNami Designs.


Sometimes cards for boys can be challenging, but I think this is perfect for a little guy. Because the mini cards can be taken out and tucked back in, this little scene may even become something he will play with later. (I'm thinking road trips or waiting at a restaurant! Why not tuck it into your purse for such "emergencies"?)


Thanks for looking, and don't forget to check out the DeNami blog to see what the other designers came up with!


(All cardstock, stamps, and button by DeNami Design, patterned paper by Heidi Grace, flocking by Studio G.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect card for a little guy. VERY Creative to have "moveable" pieces.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

How adorable is THIS! So cute! Love those little animals! :)

Laurie Chilton said...

What a creative card Sherri! I love the grass and that sun is soooo cute. The tiny cards are so darn cute too. Wonderful job! :)