Friday, April 30, 2010

Get Sketchy #36


I was so excited when I saw the digi stamps that the Get Sketchy designers got to play with this week! First let me explain that I am pretty much digi-challenged. I don't even have Photoshop on my laptop! So I get a little nervous when Bree mentions anything digi. This week's digi stamps, however, are not only beautiful, but they're SO EASY to use!

The images are from Cutting Cafe, and they are sponsoring this week's challenge along with Glue Dots (also one of my favorite products.) The images come in a pdf file, so all you have to do is download, open the file, and click "print"! Super easy and great for paper piecing or coloring.

I used the bushel basket, leaves, butterfly and sentiment on this card. I printed the bushel basket on kraft cardstock, and the other images on white cardstock. I then colored the details with markers and pieced everything together. The bushel basket is popped up with pop-dots.

I used Glue Dots to attach these pretty little buttons from DeNami Design. I also adhered the ribbon around my card so that it would lay flat, then attached a ribbon knot on top of that with a Glue Dot. It's a great way to fake a tied ribbon when you want the ribbon to lay flat. :)

Cardstock, The Paper Company; patterned paper, Die Cuts With a View; digital stamps, The Cutting Cafe; markers, Bic Mark-it; buttons, DeNami Design; floss: Karen Foster Design; coral ribbon.

Hope you can play along with this week's challenge! Oh, and if you haven't logged your vote for your favorite Get Sketchy Designer, today is your last chance. Be sure to leave a comment on the Get Sketchy blog and the Creative Charms blog to be eligible to win a $20 gift certificate to Creative Charms!

Please check in tomorrow for a BIG announcement that I've been dying to share with you! :)

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

Love what you have done here Sherri... Like the tip about the bows/knots. Must remember that one.

Jen said...

Happy NSD! Super cute card! and congrats on making the momenta design team - I look forward to getting to know you and work along side of you.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Great card! So pretty!

Regina E said...

oh i so love the kraft look of this card...awesome stuff..i would love to put this card in the customer gallery over at the cutting cafe...hugs regina