Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fun with BasicGrey Challenges!


I am so excited to be Guest Designing for BasicGrey Challenges for the next few weeks!  Today's challenge is to use your favorite color combo to create a project.  I usually choose the colors for my project based on the patterned paper, so I went to my new favorite BG paper collection, What's Up?  The colors in this collection are so pretty-I love purple, so the papers with purple are my favorites. My color combo was lavendar and aqua.  I created both a feminine and a masculine card using these colors and fun papers from the What's Up? collection.

For my "Thank You" card, I used THIS stamp set from Basic Grey/Hero Arts.  The little flowers are stamped on a few different distressed solids from several different BG collections (Plumeria, What's Up?, Porcelain, and Olivia.)

I just love THIS fun stamp set from The Craft's Meow!  Cute mustache images and snazzy sentiments, too! 

I stamped the mustache twice on a figgy brown cardstock .  The first layer is adhered flat on my tag.  The second mustache is folded in half and only adhered along the fold so the edges pop up.  You can see the detail a bit better here:


The DT over at BasicGrey Challenges has some beautiful projects to share using their favorite color combos, too!  Check it out, leave some love, and play along to win!

5 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Cute cards...love those collections.

Heather said...

Hi Sherri, it great to have yous with us this month. Your cards are fantastic, I love the Thanks You card, stunning colours - I love the colours and pattern mix - I'm useless at that!! I love your moustachiod 'egg' head - such fun and such gorgeous colours design!!
hugs Heather xx

~amy~ said...

awesome cards Sherri...way to rock the 'stache :)

Julie said...

Hi Sherri - two fabulous cards!! Love your choice of papers, they are gorgeou aren't they!! Great having you with us as a GDT at Basic Grey challenges, Hugs Juliexx

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

These cards are awesome! Love the shape of the mustache card.