Friday, July 29, 2011

Invited

More paper piecing. I love it. It's my favorite technique. :)
Cute little cupcakes and a sentiment from Unity ("Mix-up of Cuteness" and patterned paper from Basic Grey's Lime Rickey collection. Love those fun colors and patterns! I also love that this card could go for a boy or a girl.
I also want to share a little trick with you. I originally stamped the sentiment directly onto the white cardstock mat, but the ink had a little bubble and it just wasn't a clear image. Since I had already stamped and pieced the cupcakes, I didn't want to start over completely. So, I stamped the sentiment again onto the green strip, notched the end, and adhered it over the original sentiment. I love the end result more than the original!
I used this week's sketch from Card Positioning Systems to make this card. Thank you for visiting! Make sure you stop by the Momenta blog today, too-I have a cute project to share with you!

5 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER cute--and I LOOOOOOVE paper piecing too! It's my fav thing to do:) LOVE that yellow cupcake--YUMMY!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!!

Virginia L. said...

You used ht pattern paper so beautifully, Sherri! Love this sweet cupcake card!

Dawn said...

very cute Sherri

Jennie said...

Adorable and LOVE the paper piecing :) Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!