Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Counterfeit Kit Challenge-Frames


I have admitted many times that I have a seemingly endless supply of chipboard. It was one of those supplies that I bought a TON of when it first became popular, but didn't use very often. I just WANTED it. Now I am trying to use it more often-tyring to make a dent in that stash!

For our "Frames" mini challenge, I turned to my stash of chipboard. Many of you may consider this to be cheating, since the chipboard is not technically part of my kit. I keep my chipboard in the original 12x12 packaging, so it would be difficult to fit in with my kit. Also, I figure ANYTHING that will help me to use up my stash should be legal, lol! So I keep my chipboard sheets hanging in my scraproom closet, readily accessible.

Although I loved this scalloped chipboard frame, it was a little overwhelming for my 8.5x11" layout, especially since I wanted to include at least two photos. So, (gasp!) I CUT one side off of that pretty chipboard frame. Of course, I couldn't bear to throw it away-I tucked it into my kit to use on another project later this month. :)

This was a naked chipboard frame, so I first painted it with acrylic paint, then used Versamark ink and iridescent embossing powder to give it some shine and sparkle. I finished my frame by adhering a little aqua gem in the hole of each scallop.

How will you include a frame on your project? I can't wait to see your takes on this challenge!

4 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What beautiful papers! I love the banners in the corner--and that frame is FAB! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

ps...I got your email--I will respond, but it takes awhile to explain why I left teaching...so when I get more time--I will email:) Have a fab day!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Such an eye-catching layout, so soothing and everything is perfectly placed! Beautiful photos!

Lesa said...

I "spy" a wicked cute border on that fab lay out!! It's really a great take on the frame challenge. I just finished my "frame" challenge and will post in the morning when I have natural light!

Susanne said...

As much as I love chipboard, I've found I'm too lazy to use up the naked stuff. I'm better about the pre-printed stuff. Your layout uses it wonderfully. Nice job.