Friday, May 22, 2009

Going Green



Last year, one of our family's resolutions was to start recycling. A year and a half later, we're still at it, hoping to make a difference.

I was inspired by a challenge over on the Hero Arts blog to make a card using some recycled materials. Since I save everything I had quite a stash of recyclable supplies from which I could choose. I decided on a bag from my local stamp store that looked like it had pink vines stamped on it. It was the perfect companion for my new Sassafras Lass paper and Hero Arts stamps. I also trimmed a strip from the bag for my sentiment. I left the jagged edge from the top of the bag to add a little texture.

I loved the finished card so much that I couldn't wait to try another card using a different patterned bag. That meant a trip to the stamp store-such a hardship! I ended up with a new stamp set and a totally different patterned bag-aqua and black. Can't wait to use it!




No comments: