Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Holidays Swivel Card



I think I have enough scraps in my scraproom to last me (and every other papercrafter in Maine) for an entire lifetime. While I love to buy new patterned papers-they're my weakness-I also feel good about using up my scraps sometimes, too. This card was made using all scraps or salvaged items from projects that just didn't work.
This card is based on a sketch by Becky Novacek from the Fiskars website. I changed it a bit, but the general design is the same. Best of all, I used just scraps to make it. The card itself is actually two photo mats that I had leftover from a scrapbook layout. I trimmed them slightly so they were both 4" x 5.5", then rounded the corners. After embellishing the card front, I attached the two cardstock pieces together with a large brad, forming the card. As you can see, it opens by swiveling.
Cardstock by Bazzill (brown) and The Paper Company (white); patterned paper: red and green speckled (unknown-I've had it for about 10 years!), green swirl (American Traditionals), polka dots (Heidi Grace); stamps (Hero Arts); pompom trim (Offray); red stickles, wire, pop dots.
This is also my entry for the Hero Arts "trimmings" challenge on the Hero Arts blog. Be sure to check it out for lots of great ideas for using your "trimmings" (scraps).
Oh, and if you haven't checked it out yet, please go see my article at www.scrapbooking.com. I have a set of three cards for kids featured this month. The article will up until November 30th. Beginning Dec. 1, the site will be featuring a set of three of my holiday cards as well. Very exciting!

No comments: