Saturday, July 31, 2010

DeNami Projects




Sometimes I get carried away with my cardmaking and forget to do things-like post the finished cards. :) As I was using my DeNami stamps this morning, I realized that I had a couple of cards made using some DeNami images that were just sitting on my camera's memory card, waiting to be shared. Here are two projects that I haven't blogged yet. I will have at least one more card to share with you later today, using some supplies from the New Releases from July 1st.


The first card is one I made when I first got my new Halloween stamps. I just love the little Trick-or-Treat Chickies! I tried something different on this card by stamping the image on kraft cardstock instead of white, then coloring it with colored pencils. I think it gives it somewhat of a vintage Halloween look. I also stamped the little jack-o'-lantern face from the Halloween stamp set randomly on the bottom of the card, then added a glow around each face with some orange chalk. Leaf green cardstock and some of my favorite buttons (I used Tangerine on this card) add more of that vintage holiday look.


For my second card, I was inspired by Ayana's owl card to create a window. I haven't done one of these for a while and had forgotten how much I love have the image visible when you open the card. I used the Rosebud Trio, colored it with markers, then punched a mat using the same Leaf Green Cardstock. This color, along with the Amethyst Cardstock that I used for my card base, were both part of the new release from July 1st. These colors look so pretty together. I finished the card with a simple ribbon bow and an Amethyst Boutique Button.


I will also be back in a couple of hours to share my project for this week's Wee Memories Challenge! You won't want to miss out-Cosmo Cricket is our awesome sponsor this week!

1 comment:

Ayana Posadas said...

Hi Sherri!
You cards both came out super cute! You are so sweet for mentioning me. I'm so glad I was able to inspire you with something! :)
I really love how you made your own pattern paper with the first card, and how you added the buttons. And I love how you placed your ribbon on the second card. SO pretty! Love them! :)