Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lawn Fawn Dress Form




I broke open another new set of Lawn Fawn stamps this morning and decided that they were perfect for a couple of challenges I wanted to try. First, I thought that the dress form stamp from the Sew Lovely set would look great using the color combo from Off The Wall Craftiness, which was pale pink, grey and white/cream. The inspiration for this color scheme came from the inspiration photo above. I knew as soon as I read this color combo that I wanted to use this new pale pink glossy paper from Club SEI. It was perfect for the fancy little dress image. I also stretched the color scheme to include some silver cardstock from a Wausau paper ad. (After all, silver is a variation of grey, right?) Even though I stretched the color scheme that way, it doesn't detract from the card's color combo. It simply adds a bit of shine and visual interest.

I also followed a sketch from the DRS Design Rubber Stamps blog. This sketch is very versatile and could easily be adapted for many different images. I like that there are nice clean lines in this sketch. I added a little bit of flair by using a Fiskars border/corner punch to the gray mat.
Thanks for stopping by tonight. Be sure to check out my next post, too, for another card that I made using this elegant color combo.

1 comment:

Kim Wilson said...

This is beautiful Sherri!!! I love LF stamps :) Thanks for playing and good luck!!!