Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Twins!


Not for me (thank goodness!) but for friends of ours. I made this card for them as a congratulations card. The babies are expected any day now-Mom's been to the hospital several times but they keep sending her home. :)

I used this week's sketch from the Unity Hippity Hop challenge, which also fit in perfectly with the Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #11. The challenge was to create a non-standard sized card. Basically, anything except A2 size. My finished card is 4"x8".

I used Unity's Little Me stamp set which I got a steal on a couple of weeks ago. $4! The set is adorable, and contains 8 stamps. I changed it up a bit by stamping the Mom/baby image twice, then using just the baby from the second image. Because our friend is expecting twins, I needed that second baby! So I put him in Dad's arms. This set was also perfect because it included the little boy and our friends also have a little boy, Oliver.
Other supplies on this card: "congrats" rub-on (congratulations, trimmed) by Pebbles, Inc., patterned paper by Creative Imaginations and Around the Block, ribbon (recycled from pj packaging from Target!), aqua button by DeNami Design. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I also added white flocking (Studio G) to the baby blankets.

Thanks so much for stopping by today (again!) I've been super-busy today creating cards for DTs, challenges and personal use. Now to put everything away, LOL!

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

such a cute card Sherri.