Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You're a Dear Friend


I've just been playing this morning, trying out different background stamps for the HA challenge. This card uses the flourish from the Artistic Windows set. I've stamped it with brown ink onto plaid paper from the Basic Grey Recess paper pad (which I got for a song on Peachy Cheap.)

Even though I usually consider flourishes a feminine touch, I really liked the way it turned out on the plaid and think it would be a great addition to a masculine card.

I added an orangey-colored floral from SEI that had red dots-perfect for pulling the red out of the plaid paper. Red stitching, a red epoxy chipboard deer accent from Colorbok's Friendly Forest collection and red matting for my sentiment pull it all together.

I'm excited to try this stamp with other patterned papers now! Thanks for looking!

No comments: