Friday, June 19, 2009

Kraft cardstock-my newest favorite thing




I have fallen in love wth kraft cardstock! I know it's not a new product, but I do think it's becoming hotter all the time. What I love about it is that it's so versatile! Definitely manly-use it with woodsy themed papers and stamps. Feminine? Absolutely-the contrast between ultra-feminine florals and the basic kraft looks great. For kids, too-again, use contrasting paper and colors (red and robin's egg blue look great with kraft.)


I decided to try some tropical colors like orange, pink and turquoise with kraft. The result was this cute little window card (which is also one of my submissions for the Hero Arts "Be Inspired" challenge this week.) My favorite thing about this card is the fussy-cutting around the border. I think the combination of the colored floral border and the Bo Bunny Double Dot cardstock peeking out looks both fun and pretty.


The floral border and the little girl are from Hero Arts' Japanese Dolls set. The 'Happy Birthday" stamp is from Imaginisce.

No comments: