Friday, June 5, 2009

Cute way to use scraps


Heather Nichols from Papertrey Ink has these cute litte cards posted on her blog HERE. What a great way to use up scraps and help your craft budget! Dig out your punches and see what creations you can come up with. This design would be great using wedding papers or florals for a bridal shower. Don't have two sizes of the same shape? Use coordinating shapes, such as a large flower with smaller leaves, or a larger cake with smaller candles. How about a larger butterfly with smaller flowers? Snowflakes would make cute smas cards, too. The stitching gives these cards a nice finished look-and did you see that the stitching isn't perfect? It just adds to the charm of the card. Now that's my kind of sewing!

2 comments:

Lisa Atha said...

Hey Sherri, I just stumbled upon your blog from a comment you l,eft on Jana Millen's blog. I love this card! I have got to get my punches out and make my own creation with this idea! I will post it to my blog and link to yours to give you credit! Thanks so much for the fresh idea!

Lisa

Merry said...

How wonderful are these...off to check out Heather's blog...thanks for sharing.