Monday, December 21, 2009

Santa and Reindeer


These little images by Studio G are just too cute, don't you think? I would LOVE to find this set for myself-these were my mom's. The set also came with a little snowman. What a steal for $1!

As with a lot of my stamped images, I paper-pieced the santa and reindeer. First, however, I stamped both images on the white background, then ran it through my Sizzix Big Kick with a Cuttlebug embossing folder (Swiss Dots.) That way, I didn't have to try to cut out the little antlers and feet. I just colored them in on the white base, then stamped each image on colored cardstock. Since I don't have Copic markers (yet!) I find that I get the cleanest, boldest results from paper-piecing. Stickles add a little sparkle to the images. To finish the card, I stamped "Be Merry" with a Hero Arts stamp, and tied on some ribbon and buttons.

Very simple, but I have to say, this was one of my favorite cards this year.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Thid is ADORABLE! Project 365 going on over at my blog. Check it out!