Monday, December 21, 2009

My first tri-fold card...


and I am so happy with the way it turned out! Anybody who knows me knows that I just adore the little Hero Arts owls, anyway, but I especially love them on this "scenic" card! I saw a similar card created by Kelly Booth posted in the Hero Arts Flickr group. (For some super-cute card ideas, visit Kelly's blog-the link is over on the right.)

Lots of paper-piecing and stickling on this one-two of my favorite stamping techniques. Donna Mikasa (her blog is also linked on the right) has done some cute birthday tri-folds, too. That may be the next one that I try. One thing that I would change next time: I made this card using a 6 x 11" piece of cardstock. Not quite long enough to make the "easel" back to help the card stand up. Next time, I will use a 6 x 12" piece and score at 1", 2", 4", 6", and 9". Does that make sense? If you'd like more detailed instructions, please email me or leave a comment here and I will try to do a better job. ;)

No comments: