Sunday, December 19, 2010

Paper Poinsettia


When I saw the tutorial for this poinsettia in the December issue of Cards magazine, I couldn't wait to try it. After a couple of attempts using different papers, I finally came up with this one, which I love! First, I "cheated" again by using a premade card base from Making Memories. To make my poinsettia, I stamped a text background stamp from Hero Arts onto rosy-red patterned paper from Momenta's Family Ties collection. I then cut and folded the petals, added some hand-cut leaves, and topped the poinsettia with a chunky brown button. Finishing touches included some American Crafts ribbon and a stamped sentiment (stamps from Unity and Ippity.) Hope to finish up my Christmas cards tonight-at least the ones that I need to mail! :)

2 comments:

Ann said...

Gorgeous, Sherri!

Dawn T said...

WOnderful Sherri. Love the ribbon treatment too.