Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Paper Bag Mini Album


I created this fun little mini album from paper lunch bags, three sheets of patterned paper, and three sheets of 8.5 X 11" cardstock. Some stickles and Scrapper's Floss added a fun feel and left plenty of room inside for pictures. I love the cardstock tags, too-they slide into the pockets created from the paper bags. You could add additional photos, journaling, or both to the tags, and even slide some summer memorabilia into the pockets, too. (Think business cards, brochures, postcards, maps...)


To create this album, take four brown paper lunch bags and fold them each in half. Now unfold them and stack them, rotating every other. Fold in half again, and use a hole punch (I used a Crop-o-dile) to punch two holes near the fold. Insert binder rings to hold your book together.


Believe it or not, this is all there is to creating this album! Now you can embellish the inside pages. For each inside page, I distressed the edges of a 4 X 4" square of patterned paper. (I really like the Snorkel line from Cosmo Cricket.) I roughed up the edge with an Edge Distresser from Heidi Swapp. Then I simply adhered the patterned paper to each page. I recommend Glue Dots to adhere the papers and embellies to the bags-photo splits did not hold very well. My accents were cut from the Snorkel Elements patterned paper. I added a bit of stickles to each element after adhering to my page.


For the tags, I cut each piece of 8.5 X 11" cardstock into 6 pieces (4.25" square-you can use the scraps for another project.) I folded a piece of patterned paper in half for each pull-tag, adhered it to the cardstock, punched a hole and tied on some Scrapper's Floss.


I've posted just the cover here on the blog, but you can see all of the pages in my album HERE.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Rosa Laguna said...

Lovely! I still prefer a photo album rather than a cd. It's so cute!