Sunday, June 10, 2012

June Counterfeit Kit

If you are looking for the next stop in the I Heart {ippity} blog hop, you are in the right place!

Click HERE for my Day One post...
and click HERE for Day Two!

I have put together my June kit for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, and I can't wait to share it with you!  It was a fun kit to put together-a very different process than most months because we were building our own kit from scratch!  Bethany and Meridy decided to challenge us to create our own kit from a list of supplies:

10 sheets patterned paper
8 sheets cardstock
2 alphabet sets
2 stamp sets
4 journaling spots
3 types of "choose your own" style embellishments (flowers, border strips, ribbon, anything you like)
1 roll washi tape
1 "old" embellishment
1 messy item (paint, embossing, mists, etc)
1 other item of your choice

I started right at the top of the list, pulling patterned paper from my new MME Stella & Rose pad, then I realized that that approach would not help me bust my older stash.  So, I limited myself to just 2 new papers and pulled the other 8 from my stash:

Next, I pulled my cardstock.  Again, I tried to use up some older papers from my stash.  Most of these are ancient double-sided papers from SEI.  The yellow debossed paper in the top left is from a Momenta paper pad.  (Excuse the black beagle hair on the green cardstock!  I had "help" putting my kit together, lol!)

Now for the fun part!
 
2 alphas: one package of coppery brown glitter Thickers and one tiny alpha
4 journaling spots: 2 from a Smash pad, one Sass and one from K&Co.
2 new stamp sets: Basic Grey's PB&J from Hero Arts and a cute little owl set from The Craft's Meow
My 3 embellies: green buttons, green baker's twine, and a sheet of Basic Grey element stickers
My "old" embellie: a package of heart-shaped metal tag rims from Making Memories  (I have the tag maker and have never used it!)
Blue Studio G washi tape
My "messy" item: loose glitter!  My room will sparkle for months! :)
My "surprise" item: a package of Memory Glass from Ranger.  Not quite sure if I will make a pendant, a magnet, or something else.  Again, it's been in my stash and I've never tried it.  This is the month! :)
thanks for checking out my kit this month!  I'm SO very excited to use it!  We'd love to have you play along with us this month.  Check out the post HERE on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you have truly outdone yourself.. this is an amazing kit

Margie said...

Beautiful kit!! I love your embellies!

Crystal said...

Per usual great job sweetie!

Unknown said...

Ooh yummy things :0) Love that you forced yourself to use old stash...go girl! Really looking forward to seeing what you do with the memory glass.

Lesa said...

Nice kit you got there! Tag maker huh?? I feel better now cuz I have a couple of things never used too!!

Lisa said...

love the colours you've brought together for your kit. the green buttons and twine are inspired!

Susanne said...

Your kit has a definite sweetness to it. Can't wait to see some more!

MiliPea Designs said...

Great kit and I love those stamp sets!

Tara O said...

Nicely done!!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Hello! Glad to see your kit, looks like a lot of fun.

Tricia said...

Love the colors in your kit and those stamps!!!