Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Getting Old...

Today's share is a fun birthday card, filled with sarcasm. Kind of...but as a thirty-something girl, I can totally relate to the sentiment! Can you?
I used one of {ippity}'s February releases, "Sucks to Get Old". You can now order that set directly from the Unity website-just click on me as your {ippity} chick!
I paper pieced it with white and hot pink cardstock, then mounted it onto a cropped Spellbinders die cut. The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder. It was a challenge for me to do a "color pop" card like this because I love patterned paper and lots of color! However, I wanted to play along with this week's challenge at the Play Date Cafe. The challenge was to use black and white, with just a splash of hot pink. I missed the deadline to enter, but still wanted to give it a try! You just never know what technique will give you great results!


No comments: