Sunday, January 16, 2011

Vintage Thinking of You


I rarely make cards that are vintage-looking or shabby chic, but I think this one might be close. The Kraft Journal blog posted a challenge to use kraft cardstock (their specialty) and a flourish of some kind. I have been "saving" this lined kraft cardstock for YEARS and thought today was the day to use it. In addition to the Kraft Journal's challenge, I was inspired by CASE Study #22. Many of the elements of my card were inspired by that challenge, such as the colors, the notebook edge and scallop border punches, the scrunched ribbon, the die-cut label, and the gems. See-lots of inspiration there! I also decided to play along with the 365 Cards Challenge #318 to punch a border on just the front edge of my card.
***Notice to jmahugger: You were my second random winner of a Unity stamp kit, but I haven't heard from you! Please email me at sharecropperskits@gmail.com to claim your prize! If I don't hear from you by midnight on Monday, 1/17, I will have to draw another winner on Tuesday. If you know jmahugger, please let her know!

17 comments:

Ann said...

Lovely vintage card, Sherri! I love those sweet butterflies!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Oh I love this just gorgeous!!!!

Kim Mc said...

Fabulous creation, Sherri! Thanks for playing with us at 365 Cards this week and can't wait to see what you do next!

Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Beautiful beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card--it is super shabby! LOVE that paper and those butterflies are STUNNING!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

What a great project...thanks so much for participating in our first challenge at The Kraft Journal!

Tracy said...

There are some really great elements on this card! The butterflies are beautiful. Love the ribbon treatment and that great punched edge. Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge at The Kraft Journal!

Dawn said...

Super awesome card Sherri. Love the the colourings

Sue Kohler said...

what a fabulous take on Mercy's inspiration card, the butterflies, the flourish and the ribbon treatment are real highlights!! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a very pretty card! I love the natural color scheme and those wonderful butterflies mixed with the flourishes. The pleated ribbon is great, and I love the bling centers for the butterflies. thanks for playing along with us at the Kraft Journal.

AnitaRex said...

Sherri this is a beauty! I love the colors and the design!

nancyburke said...

Hi Sherri,
Such a lovely card! I love that scallop border punch you used at the bottom if the card. Do you mind telling me who makes it? I would appreciate it greatly. :)

gladyschia2010 said...

its beautiful! Love the card Sherri! I can't do vintage-looking cards too! :)

Cristina said...

Beautiful card! I love that border punch so, so much. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Chris said...

everything goes together so well! I'm thrilled to be the sponsor over at CASE study this week so thanks for playing along!

Julie said...

Love it! Great job on the vintage look. Those butterflies are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the CASE Study challenge this week, hope to see you back soon!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So beautiful, Sherri! Great CASE, love your spin :) Thank you for playing the CASE Study this week! xxx

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful and great use of the this paper!