Thursday, December 30, 2010

Doily Thank You

(This card is out for PUBLICATION!)

This morning's card is classy and elegant-a huge detour from the cutesy cards that I usually make! I have had this doily stamp from Hero Arts for a few weeks now and thought it was time to ink it up. :)
I stamped the doily on black cardstock using Versamark ink, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I trimmed around the doily, then adhered it to my card base. The card base is made from papers from my stash (yay!) The black polka dotted paper is from Club SEI and the Fruit Punch is from Bo Bunny. Next, I used my new Snowflake Frame die from Spellbinders. I wondered how much I would use this frame when I bought in on sale before Christmas, but I can see that this little frame is going to pay for itself quickly. :)
The sentiment is also a Hero Arts stamp, from the Clear Design: Dolls set. Gotta love the recycled ribbon bow, too-it came on a pair of this year's Christmas jammies.
I will be entering this card in several challenges: The Cat's Pajamas TCP #139, CASE Study challenge #20, Cupcake Craft Thank You card challenge, Hero Arts' Giving Thanks challenge, Cute Card Thursday Challenge #145, and finally City Crafter's CCCB #37. Whew!
Thanks for stopping by this morning. Hope to have a few more cards to share with you later today. :)

15 comments:

Dawn said...

gorgeous card Sherri. Love the ribbon, so soft looking

Aimes said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way you've used that doily stamp - I actually thought it was a real doily to start with!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful use of doily and sentiment, Sherri! Congrats on the Hero ARts Twitter! Happy New Year!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

very pretty...thanks so much for playing with us :)

~amy~ said...

Fabbie mix of challenges! I need that doily stamp!!!!

lotte chew said...

gorgeous!!!! love the doily!!!
happy new year!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE that doily stamp--it looks SOOOOOOO REAL! LOVE LOVE LOVE iT:) Great combo of colors! And wow--you entered lots of challenges for this! GREAT JOB:) Wish I could do that! You are super talented! LOVE IT:)

Anne said...

Love love love that stamp!
Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
Happy New Year
Anne
x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow, pretty! I love the doily stamp and the colors too, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

What a beautiful stamp and so prettily done ... thanks for joining us at CCCB

Sue Kohler said...

stunning card Sherri, the doily stamp is gorgeous!! thanks for playing with us at CASE study! :)

Miss Magoo said...

What a beautiful card - that Doily stamp is amazing! Great job!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! Love that beautiful doily and that elegant ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is so beautiful! I love the color combination! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, Sherri! You really made this beautifyl stamp stand out... looks delicious!! Thank you so much for playing along with us! xxx